Feel nothing else like it.
Introducing the hatch with day-to-day comfort and enough pep to make you sweat. Powerful yet still practical, it's a car you can use to commute to work one day, and take it to the track the next. The blood-pumping, spine-tingling, heart-racing iconic Golf GTI is the original and the best.
What does 180kW of pure power at your feet feel like? Breathtaking? Heart-stopping? Hair-raising? Let's go with all three.
Subtlety is just not the Golf GTI's forte. Sporty, aggressive, but never obnoxious, you're guaranteed to turn heads.
You can't rule the road with power alone. Packed full of useful technology, the Golf GTI is more than just a head rush.
The limited-edition Golf GTI TCR is here to take performance driving to the next level. Inspired by the TCR (Touring Car Racing) global motorsport series, it’s our most powerful GTI and one of the quickest-accelerating production hatchbacks on the street. After successfully proving itself on the track, it’s now ready for the road. But with only a limited number available, you’ll want to be lightening quick. Go on, feel it.
The 2.0-litre turbocharged engine delivers 213kW of power, with peak torque arriving from just 1800rpm. It’ll launch you from 0-100 in 5.7 seconds - so you know you’re going to feel it. This bespoke, high-performance variant has been specially tuned with the track in mind. The Adaptive Chassis Control is firmer in Sport mode and the suspension is lowered a further 5mm for even more focused performance handling. This additional capability is supported by the inclusion of the performance front brake system and the modified exhaust system provides the TCR with a purposeful note.
The GTI’s motorsport-inspired exterior features unique black honeycomb decals that stand out on a choice of three colours; Pure Grey unique to the TCR, Pure White and Tornado Red. Aerodynamic performance is enhanced by gloss black rear roof lip spoiler, aggressive rear diffuser, body side sill extensions and front splitter. And as you step inside, the TCR logo projected onto the road greets you on arrival, showing off the 19" Reifnitz alloy wheels in Matte Black.
As soon as you grip the perforated leather steering wheel with red 12-o’clock mark, you’re ready for action. Sink back into the microfleece and sports cloth combination sports seats in unique TCR trim, while the optional panoramic glass sunroof takes in the view. Be immersed in iconic red GTI trim covering the seat belts and floor mats, Alcantara® door trim inserts and gearshift for that distinct motorsport look.
If you've ever imagined what 180Kw of pure power pulsating through every cell of your body feels like; look no further. Nothing compares to the spine-tingling performance of the GTI.
There are no interruptions to performance with 7 Speed DSG, utilising 2 separate gear sets with 2 clutches.
The 180kW 2.0L TSI Engine of the Golf GTI offers maximum performance, taking just 6.2 seconds to go from 0-100 km/h.
The firm sports running gear of the Golf GTI is included as standard. It offers even more driving fun with excellent handling, making this sporty hatchback particularly comfortable. Activated through Driver Profile Selection, the adaptive suspension can be hardened or softened, along with throttle response and steering hardness, to suit your driving style.
The front differential lock and progressive power steering make driving on winding roads in your Golf GTI even more enjoyable. You'll get a kick out of enhanced driving dynamics, better traction and more direct steering control.
Feel a part of history and the envy of the road with the iconic GTI design.
The Golf GTI dons some subtle, and not-so-subtle features that will turn heads as you drive by. The bumper and lower air intake are paired with striking side louvres, complementing the familiar and iconic honeycomb grille.
The dynamic standard and 18" Milton Keynes alloy wheels<sup>3</sup> impressively underline the sporty nature of the Golf GTI. They even allow for the striking red brake callipers to be shown off.
Expect nothing else than the highest-quality features in the Golf GTI. From the red-stitched steering wheel and decorative inserts to the Clark tartan sports seats and stainless-steel pedals, everything inside the GTI is sporty, striking and committed to tradition.
Overseas model shown.
Just when you thought the Golf GTI can't get any better, it can. Optional Luxury and Sound & Style packages can transform your Golf GTI into everything you ever wanted and more.
The slick Sound & Style package distinctively enhances the Golf GTI with 19" Brescia alloy wheels, Dynaudio Excite Premium 400W audio system, and 9.2" Discover Pro Display.
Our body kits from Oettinger® are more than just a hot accessory. Take your heart from a flutter to a race in seconds with the sleek styling and damn good looks of 6 pieces - front spoiler, front splitter, side skirts, rear skirts & diffuser, quad tailpipe and roof edge spoiler with racing flaps. Steal a few looks with the complete set or selected combination pieces to kit out your Golf GTI9.
The optional Luxury package, with panoramic glass sunroof, Vienna leather appointed upholstery10 with red stitching, heated front seats, electrically adjustable driver's seat with 3 position memory function amongst many more great features. It's perfect for those wanting that extra bit of indulgence in their drive.
Volkswagen Genuine Accessories ensures your Golf GTI remains 100% Volkswagen. The extensive range of Golf GTI accessories provides you the opportunity to adapt your Golf GTI even more precisely to your individual needs. From transport, exterior and interior solutions to alloy wheels that perfectly complement your Golf GTI.
Optional accessories at extra cost. Overseas models are shown for illustrative purposes only3.
A perfect fit: can be wiped clean and is acid-resistant, the robust and durable luggage compartment tray3 with Golf lettering easily keeps your luggage compartment clean. With circumferential edging, approximately 4cm high.
18" Pretoria wheel in gloss black.
Bringing your surfboard safely to its destination: The rubber-coated surfboard carrier and a special rubber protector for the metal clamps on the tensioning straps provide extra protection during transport.
Meet your business needs. The Volkswagen coat hanger provides crease-free transport of your clothing with a removable function as well.
1. Overseas model shown.
2. Fuel consumption figures according to ADR 81/02 derived from laboratory testing. Factors including but not limited to driving style, road and traffic conditions, environmental influences, vehicle condition and accessories fitted, will in practice in the real world lead to figures which generally differ from those advertised. Advertised figures are meant for comparison amongst vehicles only.
3. Optional accessories at extra cost. Overseas models are shown for illustrative purposes only. The above accessories may have an effect on fuel efficiency. Items such as sports equipment, cargo carriers and bike racks are shown for illustration purposes only.
4. App-Connect featuring Apple CarPlay®
5. App-Connect is compatible for selected apps with the latest smartphone versions of iOS and Android, active data service, and connection cable (sold separately).
6. Active Info Display is available with the optional Sound and Vision Package.
7. Safety technologies are designed to assist the driver, but should not be used as a substitute for safe driving practices.
8. Keyless access is standard on Comfortline & Highline variants.
9. Oettinger® is a registered trade mark of Oettinger GmbH. Oettinger body kits are only available for Golf GTI (MY2017 onwards) and Golf R models (MY2018 onwards). Exclusions: Not compatible with Golf GTI three-door and Golf R Wagon. Rear skirt with diffuser and quad tailpipe not compatible with Golf R Special Edition. Front spoiler can only be purchased in conjunction with the front splitter (vice-versa). Quad tailpipe can only be purchased in-conjunction with rear skirt with diffuser (vice- versa).
10. Leather-appointed seats have a combination of genuine and artificial leather, but are not wholly leather.
Download the brochure and specifications for all the facts and figures.